Here's what trekkers have to say about trekking with Indiahikes
70. Ganesh Alawani of August 2015 batch : The Trek Leader & his team ( Guides, Kitchen staff & horsemen) were just outstanding - always ready to help & cheerup. The medical backup ( medicines, blood O2 & pulse rate monitor,oxygen cylinders) & support horse -and the leader with medical knowledge - all this was novelty for me after trekking Himalayas many many times in the past 25 years.
69. Vijaykumar Umranikar of August 2015 batch : Most beautiful.Variety of flowers.Various shades of green medows,numerous bolders and last trail through the Pine and Fern trees.Though the trek was tough,all of us enjoied it.Everything was well organised.Our group leader Mr Gurdit Singh was enthusiastic and very helpful.He left no stone unturned while helping the participants during odd and difficult situations.
68. Ravindra Gurjar of August 2015 batch : IT WAS MOST SCENIC & BEAUTIFUL TREK. THE CAMP SITES WERE ALSO WELL CHOSEN TO FULLY ENJOY THE NATURAL BEAUTY.
67. Varun Raja Samineni of August 2015 batch : Well the view but I can't hold you responsible for that now can I? The people and the journey itself that I was able to experience, is something I will cherish. Thanks for making it possible and a lot of credit goes for the way it was organised. I also deeply appreciate your Green initiative to clean the mountains. Is there scope for improvement? I guess there always is, only I'm completely blank when it comes to thinking where because eveything went pretty close to perfect.
66. Tasneem Lohani of August 2015 batch : Loved the way the trek leader and the entire team took good care of us . They were really caring , patient and listened and paid heed to our suggestions,complains and tantrums . There were few of us who quizzed them with silly questions (eg. I burped 30 times today is that normal ;) ) . But they happily replied to all of them . And the food was yummy . Tents and sleeping bag were clean and excellent and kept us warm .
65. Prateek Bhagat of August 2015 batch : Everything about the trek was superb. The trek leaders and the guides helped us a lot. The food was outstanding. Human safety was given prime importance by the team and we were looked after really well. Would love to do another trek with India Hikes. Bir is the best trek leader I have come across.
64. Anush of August 2015 batch : Everyting, it was SO SO organized. Secial mention about Saranbir, javed, chamman and iqbal who were moe than just helpful to all of us.
63. Abhishek Kamath of August 2015 batch : The landscape, the views and the overall path of the trek was fabulous. The trek is really scenic and is one that should not be missed.
62. Rebecca Dleema of August 2015 batch : I loved everything single thing about the trek but definitely something I would love to call our is our trek leader - Dushyant. He was simply stunning and amazing at the way he managed the entire trek. We had quite a big group of 22 and to keep everyone happy is not easy. The level of maturity and patience is simply stunning. I believe that a team can stay intact, motivated, committed only if they have a great leader and I felt out team was all the time motivated simply because of our leader - Dushyant. The next person I would like to call out is Dashod - our Technical guide. As usual he was an amazing person as well who helped us from the start to the end with everything and anything. He was all the time smiling and motivating us to reach our goals. Apart from them without a say the helpers, cooks, horsemen at the backend whom we tend to ignore have been amazing and humble people.
61. Shridhar Acharya of August 2015 batch : The scenaries, trails and lakes were fantastic on this trek. Also we had a fantastic trekking team and that includes the IH team and the cooking staff as well. The food served was of good quality. Special thanks to Dushyant who was an inspiring trek leader. I must say i would love to trek with him again.
60. Priti Savla of August 2015 batch : The trail, tents, sleeping bags, campsites were lovely. Food and Tent loos were awesome. Staff. Overall management of the whole trek and positive cheerful and helpful staff.
59. Sriram of August 2015 batch : The operational efficiency of your crew was mindblowing! It is unbelievable that one could have this experience at Rs 12,500. Excellent job!
58. Srikanth Chikkala of August 2015 batch : Trek was beautiful and all the support staff were helpful and nice. Indiahikes is leading in cleaning the mountains and i feel really good about it. The commitment shown by Aashish and team is outstanding and i think with our batch we helped collect 14 + bags of garbage.I hope the same zeal to clean the environment continues across all India hikes Treks and teams.
57. N Pranitha of August 2015 batch : This was my first long trek and it was totally fantastic . The place in itself was absolutely beautiful with lakes, mountains, glaciers, clouds, waterfalls. The cooks were amazing providing us very tasty food like home food, 4 times a day. The guides especially Sravan and Jawed Sir were very helpful during the trek. The KGL group was too good and we played lots of games everyday. Everything combined made it totally an awesome experience.
56. Ankita Omare of August 2015 batch : Both the breathtaking views and the support staff were awesome.
55. Austin d'rozario of August 2015 batch : as usual great camp sites....great Views........long quiet stretches.....really GREAT Lakes..........terrific gang........and a VERY GOOD leader.
54. Gaurav Jain of August 2015 batch : The trek leader was really good, the overall team was excellent. The view on this trek is superb / mind blowing. The trek over all challenges your fitness, and the end result it a beautiful fairytale scenery everyday and along the way. The trek leader was very concerned for each trekker, and always available individually to support medically, mentally and was just the best leader we ever came across.
53. R. Arora of August 2015 batch : The views were breathtaking !.. The trails picked by IH were so varied that each day we got to witness a new shade/side to the mountains (quite literally too :-))
52. Sunil B N of August 2015 batch : First and amazing himalayan trek! Must do trek in India .. Your brain will be spilling over with natural HD wallpapers all the time.. We were able to camp in the real heaven on the earth. It's life time experience which no trekker should miss!
51. Mangal Agarwal of August 2015 batch : The overall arrangement of the trek was superb. The food, the medical attention, the trek route, the pace of trekking, our group members, the support staff, the trekking gears/equipment everything was perfect.
50. Dhruv Maheshwari of August 2015 batch : The Trek leaders; dushyant, chaman and himanshu were all terrific. The cook Naina made some great food. The views of the lakes is out of the world. I never wanted the trek to end.
49. Manjeet of August 2015 batch : Co operating guides and support staff. Tents and sleeping bags are of very good quality. Timing was perfect. I got Green getter certificate. I really enjoyed picking plastic garbage till returning day from Gangbal till reaching dhaba near Narnaag,
48. Bhushan Virkar of August 2015 batch : All camp sites and food and support staff were fantastic..
47. Adith Shenoy of August 2015 batch : We had new experiences in the trek. We saw lakes everyday and one got more beautiful than the other. We also took a dip at the last lake which was freezing but it was fun. Next we came across army camps and one of the camps was beside the army camp and because of this we got to play cricket with them as well.
46. Indraneel Ghose of August 2015 batch : If there is heaven on earth, I saw it on this trek. The whole Indiahikes team, with their care and attention, made this possible.
45. Chintan from August 2015 batch : The beauty of kashmir was fantastic.
44. Sumit kumar singh from August 2015 batch : Food, support staff, amazing nature, lakes, weather were fantastic,
43. Ashutosh Niraj from July 2015 batch : Everything about the trek was fantastic. Awesome beauty, Great Lakes, Challenging
42. Meenu Birla from August 2015 batch : The cook, the guide and support staff made our trip marvelous. Also weather proved to be awesome.
41. Mike Green from July 2015 batch : The excellent information disseminated by the Trek Leader, the splendid scenery, the wild flowers at this time of the year, the shepherds & their flocks of sheep.
40. Abhijit Biyani from August 2015 batch : Food was unbelievably good -- courtesy Mahaveer and team. The range of food along with sweet dishes presented at that high altitude was unexpected and the quality was superb. Beautiful trek overall and nicely organized. Amazing views and campsites. Very good guides and support staff along with capable and passionate trek leader.
39. Bijay Krishna Nandi from August 2015 batch : It was the first time for me to go to Kashmir and I am very much pleased and highly satisfied with the scenic beauty and awesome experience that I gain from the trek. I would consider it to be the way to become a Disciplined person, it was really a very good trek. Though it was a tough trek, but the beauty of mountains, lakes, meadows, plains, snow, forest, valley and many more is highly enthralling. Also the highly unpredictable weather adds a charm to the beauty of the place. Thanks a lot to IH for having such a beautiful trek.
38. Amol Pathare from August 2015 batch : “ The trek was Superlative...!!! ” This was my first trek in Himalayan range, I was lil skeptical about my capacity to acclimatize with the oxygen level at that altitude . But I managed it very well, & completed the trek successfully . I just fell in love with breathtaking scenic beauty of Kashmir Great lakes Trek. Fresh air, soothing Greenery, fascinating blue water of the lakes, Huge landscapes , Gigantic Mountains… Everything was just astonishing . Still in hangover of it…. The India hikes staff was very supportive , energetic & helpful . Especially Dashodh ( Technical support ) , Sudip ( Trek leader ) , Saddam & Shakil ( Guides) & The cook ‘Kaji’ I would like to mention one amazing thing happened during this trek. 4th of August was my wife’s birthday & she was there with me on the trek . India hikes staff made a proper birthday cake for her & we celebrated her birthday At Gadsar pass Army camp, which is the highest point of this trek. Hats off… to India hikes staff for such a sweet gesture. It was really overwhelming… Thanks a lot for such a fantastic experience . Cheers !!!
37. Lakshmi T from August 2015 batch : the meadows and of course the beautiful beautiful lakes and the trek leaders and guides and the food! Indiahikes support staff was excellent and so were the cooks , giving us a wide range of fluids like tea soup and yummy fryums and pakoras!!
36. Vishal R Nishar from August 2015 batch : Kashmir Great Lakes has Amazing Medows & Lakes
35. Abhineet Menaria from August 2015 batch : The meadows of Kashmir were fantastic and very serene.
34. Sneha Tulsyan from July 2015 batch : The trail was superb. It covered almost all kinds of terrains from rough mountains, river crossing, forests, boulders, Meadows, lakes, some snow too.The The rest day was the best when we could venture around. The staff was extremely supportive, helpful and fun.
33. Uday Paranjpe from July 2015 batch : The view, the spectacular landscape...was fantastic.
32. Sanjay R from July 2015 batch : The overall experience was fantastic. We had the privilege to trek with an awesome team and an awesome trek lead.
31. Pooja Sethi from July 2015 batch : The beautiful lake views, spectacular trekking areas and the guide Dashod were amazing.
30. Kritarth Chandra from July 2015 batch : Everything about the Kashmir Great Lakes trek was fantastic.
29. Girish Kumar Mishra from July 2015 Batch : The best part was the trek route and the nature .The support team of Dashod along with the cooks and porters complemented the trek.
28. Ashutosh Chaturvedi from July 2015 batch : This was my first trek. The first day was brutal. I didn't think that I would finish the trek.However, the trek leader and the group put their weight behind me and we fought like a family. The sights to follow were rewarding, beyond belief, and motivating as well. The facilities provided on the trek by Indiahikes were well thought of. I have now a fresh set of friends, and I will be coming back.
27. Shanker from July 2015 batch : The scenery during the first 3 days was mind blowing.The weather also was cooperative which helped make it a memorable experience. The food on all the days was outstanding.The tent & the sleeping bag related facilities was really good & clean. One of the real nice touches of this trek starting from the 2nd day was the person who was there to provide a refreshing juice around 30 mins before we reached the final destination of the day. It was just heavenly stuff what he had ready for us to drink where we were wondering when we will reach destination.
26. Nimish from July 2015 batch : The trek through Kashmir valley was incredibly beautiful and the guide (Javed) and the trek leader (Gurdit) were both excellent and very helpful. I was surprised by how awesome the food was, during the trek. Kudos to the main chef Mangal. All the helper staff, comprising of local people, were warm and helpful to us.
25. Shekhil from July 2015 batch: Beautiful place and spectacular team! It was a perfect combo. I loved it and I can never forget the experience in my life that I had with this trek. I am still not able to believe that I had such an experience or whether I was in a dream, the places were so beautiful that I am sure from here after my dreams will be always beautiful. Thank you Indiahikes for providing this experience!
24. Chandra Dhayalan. S from July 2015 batch : Well Organized, Good trek leader and Great food for the mountain.
23. Anuj from July 2015 batch : Trek covered every thing the rain, ice patches, rocks, green planes, walk through clouds, chilled peaks , shiny hot sun, army camps, spectacular lakes, river crossings, woods, slushy and muddy walks. weather and terrain change randomly and frequently which makes this trek a box of surprises with pristine and real challenges. Support team, Technical team and guide had done every thing in helping trekkers and making atmosphere positive.
22. Romit Agrawal from July 2015 batch : Scenic Beauty of the trek was amazing. We have faced different climate condition on each day. On 5th day we had to cross the Satsar Pass, when we had started, it was clear sky but later on rain joined the party and we had our best experience in our trek. All trekkers took-off their poncho's and rain cover, slope was about more than 55 deg., it was freezing like we couldn't feel our foot and when we reached at the top, it was decent like hell. That was the scary and most amazing part of the Trek.
21. Rushabh sanghavi from July 2015 batch : I guess everything about this trek was fantastic. The trek left me speechless...Every step was adventurous..snow caped mountains, rapidly flowing streams, untouched unaltered stretch of grasslands. Kashmir truly is a paradise ready to embrace you...all it requires is a little hard work. It is mesmerizing and breathtakingly beautiful. Great lakes has all kinds of terrains, be it jumping boulders, crossing freezing cold streams, sliding through the ice or walking silently in the meadows. It is a heartfelt journey that leaves you choked at the end of it. I know mountains will keep calling me again after this. Graced to have been part of this amazing trek. complete staff was in tears , trekkers were in tears, trek leader was choked ...there is nothing to say..it is a memory of lifetime..immortal memory. Its not simply a trek its a step closer to yourself..away from the city hustle. put your shoes on....take the mountains call..its tough but is worth it. And special thanks to indiahikes and would not forget to mention a few names here 1.our amazing trek leader , extremely humble and helping -dushyant 2.Trek guide -Aslam. So polite and kind .He treats you like family. 3.imtaiz- the ever so joyous and always dancing helper. 4.naina, parvez, Raja,ishtiaar and other kitchen staff - preparimg rajma chawal and custard at 13750 ft ..take a bow. thank you India hikes.
20.Vaishali Kasture from July 2015 batch : 1. The terrain. There were all kinds of terrains. Boulders, snow, grass, water, mushy land, gravel, slush, sand etc. You name the terrain and KGL has it, which made the trek not only fun but challenging at a different level altogether. 2. The Trek Leader. Bir is a knowledge bank. You ask him a question and he will explain it to you in the minutest of the details. His decision making ability at a given situation is incredible. An extremely reasonable man. He is super-fantastic. 3. The beauty of Kashmir valleys is unmatched. It is truly paradise on earth. The entire trek was extremely dreamy. Extremely heavenly. 4. The food. Am surprised thinking about the fact that the cooks actually grated carrots to make gajar halwa enough for 30 people, or Gulab Jamun for so many people at that altitude. How did the eggs not break when transported to that altitude over a horse? How did the biscuits not break inside its own pouch? Am really surprised and cannot thank Indiahikes enough for the amazing food they fed us with. I can rate this trek a 100 on a scale of 1 to 10 and 10 being Extremely Extremely Terrific. This trek was flawless. And I mean it when I say flawless. I couldn't find a single place where I could suggest Indiahikes anything.
19.Rathod Yash from July 2015 batch: I did the Kashmir Great Lakes Trek and I'm still hung over. It's an amazing trek and I'm out of words. Indiahikes is just great in everything from selection of trek leaders to the support staff.
18. Kavya Bhat from August 2015 batch writes : Kashmir Great Lakes trek was my first Himalayan trek and the memories still stay fresh in my heart, I just can’t stop myself from sharing the stories of Kashmir trek to friends even now. We were 15 friends in our team along with 5 other members, 3 trek leads and other local members who take care of kitchen & horses. Those were the 8 awesome days of my life. We had no contact with the outside world, complete trek was peaceful, it had different mind blowing views every day, beautiful views of lakes from high passes, valleys, landscapes just like windows wallpaper, tiny little beautiful flowers which looks like carpet on valleys, Rainbow view when it stopped raining in one of the camp, rocky terrain on 1 day which would test your fitness literally! Long walks on another day, windy evenings and chilled nights, view of stars filled sky in the night (We were able to see milky way galaxy almost every night), freezing cold water streams near the camps. We used to play different games after reaching camp every day, discuss about various topics together and learn from them, which was really a nice thing as we get closer to people, as these days we only get connected with people through social media and not by heart! Words cannot describe such heavenly experience. I personally felt very refreshed after Kashmir great lakes trek and understood how difficult it is for the people who live there. Learnt lessons for lifetime after seeing how people struggle there for food, shelter, education for their children. We also met our proud Indian army at 2-3 points where they check the entire trek team, then permit for further trekking and realized how tough our soldiers are, whether it is rain or sunshine or may be snowfall they stand still in the borders to protect all of us, Hats off to them. They were very friendly too. Treks are not a walk on the cake, along with the mental determination, physical fitness is very much required else you may not be able to complete the trek. Treks challenge you physically and engage mentally, finally leaves you with an irreplaceable memories. Everyone in the team were helping each other and kept motivating to complete the trek. Trek leads helped us in all ways, guided us throughout the trek and all the members who prepared tasty food every day, horses who came along with us carrying the tents, kitchen essentials & all the hard work and support of Indiahikes team is something unforgettable and appreciable. This trek made me addictive to Himalayas. I wanna go for more Himalayan treks and would love to choose I would recommend Indiahikes for treks as they strive hard to provide us best trek experience with all the safety measures and feel happy when trekkers are happy. Indiahikes takes all the necessary measures for safety & leads are well trained to handle emergency situations, lead carry oxygen cylinder with him, check our oxygen level in blood every day in the camp and guide us on physical fitness, apart from this they ensure trekkers get best food even on such high altitude which made all of us to recommend Indiahikes to others as well.
17. Alpana Binani from July 2015 batch writes : Mind-blowing beauty. Mother Nature's hidden treasures worth visiting because the vision it creates in the heart lasts forever. Personal attention to each one in the group, courteous helpers, efficient and dedicated team n team leader , Dushyant , exotic spots chosen, flexibility in their approach is why I would recommend Indiahikes to a friend.
16. Balaji velayutham from August 2015 batch writes : We came across every type of climate and terrain during the trek. Rain, hailstorm, scorching sun, a little bit of snow, boulders, meadows etc.,The whole team from the trek leader and his team to the people who work in the kitchen were very friendly and very helpful. We wouldn't have been able to complete the trek without their help and encouragement.
15. Rebecca dleema from August 2015 batch writes : I believe there are tons of organisation who plan the exact same itinerary. The one thing that Indiahikes in my last two treks stands out for is the kind of people that we end up dealing with . May it be the office where we call tons of times for silly questions, to the trek leaders, to the guides, to the cooks, food we eat, overall facilities etc. Its nothing but the " customer service" that I would say is outstanding. Its not about the luxuries that we get on a trek but its those small things that matter the most
14. Shikhar Mukesh Shah from July 2015 batch writes : Ill just list down what i feel makes the KGL An Amazing trek. 1) The Beauty - Kashmirs Raw Natural Beauty experienced first hand will ruin Srinagar or any other Hill station for you forever. 2) The Difficulty - An Ideal first trek which tests u and challenges u but doesn't put u down. Adventure and ease mixed together. The warmth and the awesomeness of our Trek Leader - Dushyant Sharma and the amazing food that the Kitchen team served us all the way through. Doing it with IndiaHikes is so easy and hassle free. Thanks
13. Dhanasekharan Kannadasan from August 2015 writes : You can reveal your inner spirit on this trek, this trek will make u believe thaf you achieve anything if u determined to do it. The best services, awesome guides, best food.
12. Indraneel Ghose from August 2015 batch writes : The incredible natural beauty we saw all along the trek. If there is heaven on earth I saw it on this trek. The trek was extremely well organised. It was my first organised trek and all future ones I do will be with Indiahikes.
11. Anand Guruprasad from September 2015 batch writes : As my first Himalayan trek looking for more than a easy trek, this provided a considerable challenge along with incredible views and fun of the travel. (Not to forget a decent height of about 14,000 feet). Your trek with Indiahikes will be extremely comfortable. From the logistics of organizing to the comfort of the sleeping bags to the wonderfully delicious lunch served at 14,000 feet is just one of the few reasons.
10. Abhishek Kamath from August 2015 batch writes : The view of the twin lakes from the Zach pass was the best part of the KGL trek. The climb up that day was quite challenging and it was a true test of your physical and mental strength but as soon as you reach the top, the view of the twin lakes is probably the best view that I have seen in a very long time. It makes you realize why Kashmir is called heaven on Earth.The biggest reason has to be the quality of Trek lead and the Support staff. Any trekking company can provide the views, but only few can provide the quality experience along the way .... The second reason would be Food Of course :)
9. Ritu from August 2015 batch writes : During 7 days , you get to experience beautiful lakes , so untouched , those snow peaked mountains , you get to cross streams , boulders , you enjoy the beauty of beautiful green meadows , you do what you think you wont be able to , you surpass your own fears and with each day , you become more alive. They way leaders like Dashod motivate you at every step to complete this trek so that you are definitely not the one who miss single thing about the trek
8. Venkat Prasadh Sudhakar from September 2015 batch writes :Mountains and the Blue Lakes gives you serene experience all though out the trek.indiahikes gives you the best trek lead, local guide for the lead, best food there in the Himalayas and they organize the trek very professionally.
7. Ashish Bhatt from September 2013 batch writes : It was 8 days of total awesomeness in wilderness, Totally cutoff from the world with jus the trek group helping and pushing each other every day to cross the mighty passes and valleys and in turn getting to see some splendid and mind-blowing views of lakes , high passes and valleys along with beautiful Kashmiri villages and people. The trek had every damn thing high passes, beautifull views of lakes from top of the passes, Great lakes, valleys, Rainbow when it stopped raining and sun gave a peekaboo, snowfall , walking on rocky terrain whch would test anybodys skill, long long walks , windy cold evenings and nights. Words cannot describe what I saw and felt. Thanks to Indiahikes who organised it so well. special thanks to them as Igot to see what Ihad only dreamt off, thanks for that. Beautifull and truly incredible india.it only needs to be explored on foot . The last day descent is hard on knee otherwise its all pleasant.
6. Sushila Rajgopal from September 2013 batch writes : A lot has been said about Kashmir being Paradise on Earth. About this trek being the most beautiful one of all. True, but let me give you some ground realities. The trek is tough, but not too tough. It requires mental strength to walk 10 km a day in a desolate and seemingly endless landscape where not a soul other than your team exists. The ascents are not technically difficult but are steep, long and can test your endurance. -
5. Gagan Gaba from September 2013 batch writes : It’s been a month since I have returned back from my mini Switzerland Trip.. Yes it is ..! I just can’t stop myself telling stories of my trek to friends, family and colleagues.. It is rightly said that Travelling leaves you speechless and turns you into a story teller.
4.Babita from September 2013 batch writes : Truly speaking, it was a life time experience for many of us. The mere 30 people became a part of the journey we will fondly and proudly remember for our life time. We had great times, made friends, had lots of wow moments. We are yet to come out of those moments. -
3.Sarath Champati from September 2012 batch writes : I have been very quite after I returned from the Kashmir Great Lakes Trek...I was wondering why...then I realised that maybe I am just like an ancient Sage who just returned from high Himalayas after months of meditation and extended reflection?! Did I achieve that 'inner peace',I wonder? You just went there for a week, you idiot, an inner voice taunted me! But why am I feeling such intensity,I retorted...I am still having this internal debate. -
2. Raghu Mittal from July 2012 batch writes : After hearing a lot about Kashmir great lakes and the beauty of Kashmir, it was swfinite that I was going to do this trek. Sonmarg was easily the most beautiful base camp I have ever seen with snow covered peaks clearly visible. -
1. Shruthi Sabarwal from June 2012 Batch writes : The Great Lakes Trek was my first ever trekking experience. And what an experience it was. While the pictures I had seen on the website made me believe it would be a nice walk in the meadows,it wasn’t, and thank God for that! My time spent on the trek is probably been one of the most fulfillingand personally enriching. This comes from the fact that on a trek like the one I did, you are learning somuch about yourself – physically, mentally, emotionally. -